Tuesday 14 June 2011

The journey

The Journey: 10June-11June 2011
The whole journey was very uneventful. Started from Kolkata on 10th June early in the morning. Journey started as any other trip, reached airport, checked in, passed through security check and waiting in the lounge. While getting the boarding pass the agent couldn't issue all boarding pass. I was told to collect the boarding pass of last lag in Cairo, Egypt.

It was rather boaring journey, 3 hours wait in Dubai. I spent 1hour in duty freeshops andthen what. waited rest of time near the gate. Nothing was happening.

In Cairo airport, I met Asha from IBM Bangalore. Thank god 4 hours wait in Cairo was not all alone. Both were tired so after each conversation there was long lull.

We had to transfer from one terminal to another in Cairo. There was a small bus which was arranged for the same. The Bus driver understood that we were from India. He expressed his likeness about Amitabh Bachchan. He then suddenly took few Indian notes (it was 2-3 hundreds) and gave it to me. We really didn't understand if he wanted to exchange for dollars. Even if so, we didn't have lower denomination of dollars to offer him. I returned  the same, he gave some expression, which I didn't understand was it un happiness, or something else,

The las lag was journey was the longest, which I slept almost all. Reached Abuja on 11th June 12:45am. The driver was supposed to there to pick us up. No one was there. New country in the middle of night .Not scared but uncomfortable. We didn't have local phone and our phone didn't work. Thanks to the airport security guy, who let us call driver from his mobile. Driver told he would arrive in 30 mins, whic tookmore than an hour.

Finally Lawrance arrived and we started for hotel (ONYX: I don't reccommend). It was dark.On the way Lwrence proudly briefed about the new construction, pointed few land marks like Mosque, Church, parliament etc. I was in hurry to get to hotel.

At 3 am I came to my hotel room. The room was poorly lighted. Anyway I wanted to go to bed. After a hot shower I tucked into the bed.

Next tomm.


No comments:

Post a Comment