Saturday 18 June 2011

18 June: Vist to Art and Craft Village


After a good lunch we went to see Art and Craft village. I was really surprised to see the a group of small huts (around 30-40)  in the Federal Capital teritory. I would say government has well planned and protected this area. If I compare, its like Delhi Hat kind of area but much bigger and no eateries.

They had few streets and areas divided on the type of crafts. Some areas were for local dresses,other were for paintings and handicrafts. I went to almost all hust to see whats thye have. They had lovely local paintings. Some shops had really good retiring chair or tea table and chair sets.



 I kind of liked the handcrafted carved masks. I bought 2 of them , tho they were of not the same size. I liked the carving and  woowork..


The shop keeper was "Cynthia". We had some conversation around her name. It appeared that she didn't  like her name.

After sometime we returned, but I am planning to visit there again to get some local dresses for my daughters

No comments:

Post a Comment